Main My profile Sign Up Log out Login

Friday
9:46 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS LoginSign UpMain
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Archive - read only
Star Wars: Legends » Archives » In Character » Masque at the Ilyone Estate (Open)
Masque at the Ilyone Estate
Jericho_NovakDate: Sunday, 02 June 13, 12:56 PM | Message # 21
Sergeant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
"Darren Orlando," Novak offered with a flowery bow as he took her hand with the intent of kissing the back of it. "And might I say, Miss Ilyone, that you are by far the most stunning, exquisite example of femininity at this ball. Surely your... Kal... would not mind if I stole you away for a brief dance? You'd do the son of a small lord a great honor." In truth, Novak wanted a few minutes alone to better be able to feel out Ilanah and what made her tick, in a fashion. Plus, that feeling of the Force was heavier here, and Novak suspected greatly that 'Kal,' if that was indeed his name, was the Jedi in the living room, to put different words to the pun.

Jericho Novak

KalThanatosDate: Tuesday, 04 June 13, 3:04 AM | Message # 22
Lieutenant
Awards: 1
As she pointed over to her father, he followed her motion, spotting the man that was in fact her father.  He would nod, noting that he's seen the man several times before.  It was obvious he was the man of the party, and was preoccupied at the moment.  Kal would make sure to introduce himself to him later on.  Just as he was about to further conversation, Ilanah seemed to notice someone that had come up on the two of them.  She introduced herself, then attempted to introduce him,
but she hadn't known his last name.  He shook his head, "I hadn't told you.  It's Thanatos, Kal Thanatos."  He would finish, looking at the man that would introduce himself as Darren Orlando.  An interesting name.  It sounded as if it was a name meant for a city, not a person.

He would shake his head as he looked to her, "Actually, I was just about to ask her to a dance myself...seems as if we're at a predicament here....no?"  He would turn to him, giving him a small smile before letting Ilanah have her choice.

Message edited by KalThanatos - Tuesday, 04 June 13, 3:05 AM

Antar_IlyoneDate: Tuesday, 04 June 13, 4:04 AM | Message # 23
Sergeant
Antar nodded his understanding. "Of course. Well, we can retire to my study at any time to discuss what you wish to discuss, or you can make an appointment with my dear Mae. I'm sure she has my schedule floating about on that data pad of hers." He smiled and took another drink of the amber colored liquid from his glass. Antar had expected to 'talk shop' tonight with several people, as that was how it always happened. 

When Gerrard said something about his home, he contemplated the words briefly and a frown flashed across his face for mere seconds before her replied. "I have only been to Coruscant a few times, and I will admit that I have never seen the living arrangements there that I am sure some have, but this house was the one my wife fell in love with, and where my daughter grew up. I couldn't think of anywhere else that I would want to live, even if Her Majesty offered it." He said carefully. The manor was huge, and quite grand, so he wasn't exactly sure what Gerrard was saying.  He was happy there, and he assumed his daughter was, and that was all that mattered. "Perhaps a tour of the estate would change your mind some."

Antar Ilyone

Ilanah_IlyoneDate: Tuesday, 04 June 13, 4:14 AM | Message # 24
Major
"You are far, far too kind, Lord Orlando." Ilanah replied as he took her hand. She didn't take her gaze off of him for the moment, and offered him a smile. Why did him name not ring any bells, she wondered silently.  If her father knew Orlando's family, she would have certainly known about them; as Antar would have had them for a dinner party or a picnic perhaps. He was always doing that, especially when there was a noble son involved. Of course, she knew he wanted the best for her, not that she usually had any interest.

Kal spoke up again, and she withdrew her hand slowly. Thanatos. The name was familiar, and from what she remembered in school, it meant death. After a moment of pondering, she glanced between the two of them again. "It seems my dance card is getting full very fast." She said jokingly. "Kal, do you know how to waltz?" She asked. It was not likely that he would, but it was her favorite, as far as ballroom dancing went. "I'm sure Lord Orlando does, being the son of a noble...." It wasn't a slight on Kal, simply an observation. Wen it came right down to it, she didn't know which to choose, though she would certainly be happy to dance with both.

Message edited by Ilanah_Ilyone - Tuesday, 04 June 13, 8:46 AM

Jaryn_SobanDate: Wednesday, 12 June 13, 11:12 AM | Message # 25
Private
Arriving late to anything was something he absolutely hated. He was military, through and through, and he ran his life on a schedule that ran like clockwork. When this was disrupted, he was unhappy. As the Flash Speeder he had appropriated for his official use sped through the countryside, he was sitting in the passenger seat and fuming at the lateness of his arrival to the party. His aide-de-camp was driving, and knew not to speak to him at this time. His anger was not expressed with yelling or violence, but with silence and a menacing stare. Currently, he was staring down the terrain as they moved along; many a recruit believed he could cut down trees with his stare alone.

It was not social reasons alone that drove him to accept the invitation to this party. Antar Ilyone was the leading member of the Royal Advisory Council, and he was allowing the Trade Federation back onto Naboo. While his contempt for the Federation was widely known, his true feelings and intentions were not. It was that side of him that caused him to be late. The Jafan Society held an emergency meeting, deciding that due to accelerating events, they would have to do some accelerating of their own. Soon, would be the time to act, but not now.

Now was time to make an appearance and be visible to the people. Upon arrival and parking of the speeder, he and his aide exited the vehicle, still wearing their uniforms, and entered the residence. Once inside, his aide departed him, having found someone he knew, and he simply made his way to the bar.

Captain Jaryn Soban
Naboo Royal Security Forces

Jericho_NovakDate: Wednesday, 12 June 13, 6:02 PM | Message # 26
Sergeant
"A very minor noble, I'm afraid, Lady Ilyone," Novak said with a small blush. "But yes, I certainly can waltz. If I may, would you honor me with the first dance? I'm afraid that I may have to conduct business later and I shall have little time to dance, so your companion will have you all to himself." With a faint shrug, Novak looked about the room. "I fear my father's ill health prevents him from traveling much and as such, he sends me to gatherings such as this to further business; it is rare for me to have a moment's peace; some days I fear I will turn into a walking data pad."

Jericho Novak

KalThanatosDate: Monday, 17 June 13, 8:11 AM | Message # 27
Lieutenant
Having been asked if he could waltz, Kal knew that his chance at the first dance with her was out of the question.  He hadn't ever considered mastering such social customs such as dancing during all of his training.  He would shake his head to Ilanah, knowing that this 'Lord Orlando' had won this one.  He would turn to the man that had interrupted their initial conversation, "Looks like the first dance is yours...."  With that, Kal looked to Ilanah, "Ill be around..." 

Kal wasn't one to normally let something like this bother him, but for some reason it did.  He had an odd feeling down in his stomach.  Could it have been due to him losing the initial dance with Ilanah, or was it more than that?

Antar_IlyoneDate: Monday, 17 June 13, 8:46 AM | Message # 28
Sergeant
Antar noticed, immediately, the not terribly late arrival of Jaryn Soban. He turned his attention back to Gerrard. "Would you pardon me a moment, Mr. Rex? Someone has just arrived that I need to speak with." Antar nodded cordially. "You can catch Mae and we can speak in about an hour. In my office." He turned on his heel and strode across the ballroom, making note of his daughters whereabouts.

"Captain Soban, so glad you could make it, sir! Always a pleasure to have you by. How are things?" Of course, Antar knew, being the Queens closest advisor, and acting Governor, of the goings on, but he was being polite.

Antar Ilyone

Ilanah_IlyoneDate: Monday, 17 June 13, 9:15 AM | Message # 29
Major
She gave Kal a smile and nodded some. She glanced to 'Lord Orlando' and motioned for him to hold on just a moment. As he stepped away, she turned and followed after him and grabbed ahold of his hand to stop him. "Kal...." Ilanah said, her voice feathery soft as she tried to get his attention again.

"Promise you won't leave." It wasn't a question, really, more of a statement. "Please?" She glanced up at him and laced her fingers with his, without thinking about it. She was, seeing as how most of the drugs except a little champagne were out of her system, trembling a little, but he was steadying to her. And she was comfortable. "This is just....a minor formality...."

KalThanatosDate: Monday, 17 June 13, 9:39 AM | Message # 30
Lieutenant
He heard his name called from behind as he was walking off, followed by his hand being grabbed.  Knowing that it was her, he turned around, as she asked for him to not leave.  He would nod to her, "I promise I won't leave...."  His eyes moved down to their hands as she laced her fingers with his.  A smile appeared on his face as she continued on, telling him it was just a minor formality.  Basically meaning that it was her duty to entertain the guests of her father, and Lord Orlando being one of them. 

Keeping the smile, he softly replied, "I understand.  While you are out dancing, I might as well interact and possibly mingle with some of the other guests.  Never hurts to make new friends..."

Star Wars: Legends » Archives » In Character » Masque at the Ilyone Estate (Open)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz