• »
Star Wars: Legends » News and Communications » Holonet » To Senator Torres
To Senator Torres
High_King_TadrinDate: Tuesday, 03 June 14, 12:10 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Senator Torres,

I represent the Cassandran Worlds as their sovereign ruler and discoverer. No doubt you will be aware of my reputation. I would see relations between the Kanz Sector and Cassandran Worlds increased as we have much to offer eachother. Would you aid me in facilitating such mutual trade?

Sincerely,

His Illustrious Majesty, High King Cassander Tadrin the Rich

Demaron_TorresDate: Wednesday, 04 June 14, 12:59 PM | Message # 2
Sergeant
King Tadrin,

I know of the Cassandran Worlds, including a small portion of your reputation, as well as the fact that your name shares the names of two sectors within your governing area. I cannot speak for the entirety of the Kanz Sector, obviously, though I do have an excellent relationship with a number of the delegates and rulers of other worlds. While nobody is averse to a working relationship with the Cassandran Worlds, one might say that our plates, for the moment and in the near future, are rather full with certain matters handed down from the Chancellor, as well as locally-related.

Regards,

Demaron Torres
Senator, Lorrd
Chosen of House Volmen

High_King_TadrinDate: Thursday, 05 June 14, 12:47 PM | Message # 3
Private
"High" King Tadrin,

If you wouldn't mind, since we're being polite. If you answer me one question honestly, I will grant your friends the Volmens a Barony which consists of of New Bakstre's secondary starport as Baron-Overseer of the Starport and Port Authority (approx 10km x 10 km square, North East of the city, with the lease automatically renewed each 75 years for a consideration of five hundred gold peggats so long as a Volmen holds the title.

The Port would be a Free-Port within the Cassandran Worlds and so be goverened by your world's laws or those of your choice not ours, with your law etc prevailing, but as it is part of New Bakstre which is a Cassandran World you'd be under our military protection in terms of space defenses; but whatever you build on your overseen leased land would be entirely your choice (in terms of defenses etc if you wished).

But first, a question I require answered, honestly.

Demaron_TorresDate: Thursday, 05 June 14, 1:05 PM | Message # 4
Sergeant
My apologies, High King.

While I admit freely that House Volmen is my patron House, I do my best to represent all of Lorrd fairly, which includes the other Houses in this case. While I understand you don't want three distinct Lorrdian Houses setting up their own spots on your worlds, perhaps something lesser might be in order. While I can't accept gifts on behalf of House Volmen due to my position, or broker a deal of sorts that would end up with them receiving a position or titles, I can, however, in my capacity, broker a trade agreement that would run a close second.

The details will have to be put to Lord Volmen, of course, but I believe House Volmen could accept the position of Trade Overseer of New Bakstre's secondary starport for the sum of five-hundred peggats per seventy-five years, including the other items you spoke of. I see no reason that Lorrdian military assets would be necessary, what with the Cassandran worlds holding a space defense force. The most I can see being accepted would be perhaps a few Lorrdian security officers who could train up suitable members of New Bakstre's population to do the majority of the typical security work, salaried by Lorrd, of course.

However, questions and answers tend to come free. What is your question?

Demaron Torres
Senator, Lorrd
Chosen of House Volmen

High_King_TadrinDate: Thursday, 05 June 14, 2:27 PM | Message # 5
Private
Wait wait. To clarify. You would pay us the peggats for the lease renewal as a peppercorn rent... You would collect all port dues, control traffic and and keep all the other profits an operating Starport raises. We won't pay you for granting a gift. I don't propose you bring Lorrdian soldiers or anything. I am just stating if House Volmen wanted to it could install defenses and have a Starport Securirty Force man them. I don't want to draw your world into foreign entanglements. So yes, the Port Authority Security would have most of the duties. My implication is that if you believed you required firepower even with orbital range, you'd not need permission to build such emplacements.

This is an offer for House Volmen, those known as Honourable Merchants. I wish none of this to be funded by Lorrd; the port profits at this moment around sixty five million a year net.. After paying security, techs, Air traffic control, Customs Officials, etc... I am not minded to involve myself with the other houses until I hear good spoken of them in the circles of Galactic influence.

I have decided it shall be two questions, to make up for the misunderstanding.

Firstly, who is the most virtuous and honourable politician or military leader on Lorrd?
Secondly, if you could have any one possession, what would it be?

Demaron_TorresDate: Thursday, 05 June 14, 2:58 PM | Message # 6
Sergeant
Well, that does clarify a few points, High King. However, I felt that hiring on New Bakstre's personnel would not only make a better point, a joint venture rather than a specific Lorrdian 'territory' if you will, in Cassandran space, but would also create additional jobs on New Bakstre. The Cassandran Worlds are, to my knowledge, a relatively peaceful region of space; hardly in need of defensive turbolasers or the like.

Now, granted, House Volmen can oversee this region, but the granting of titles and the like has caused issues in the past, hence the neutral title of Trade Overseer without any additional 'noble' additions and the like.

I don't believe I could honestly state who has the most 'virtue' or 'honor' on Lorrd. Naturally, I am predisposed towards my patrons, but throughout all the Houses there is virtue and honor to be found. As such, I can't rightly state who ranks 'the most' among all, nor do I believe I could make such an unbiased judgement.

As for possessions, I do not lack for much, and wealth can come and go in the galaxy, as well as possessions. However, I have always desired a small lakeside cabin, out in the quiet and peace. Alas, the planetary surface of Lorrd is ill suited towards such.

Demaron Torres
Senator, Lorrd
Chosen of House Volmen

High_King_TadrinDate: Thursday, 05 June 14, 3:23 PM | Message # 7
Private
It's not a hereditary noble title and one specific to the spaceport not subordinate to my throne. But a noble title is required for commands of that grade in my domain. Think of it like the Baron Administrators of Bespin? If you leave the job the title passes to the new Administrator. It is tied to the position and the port not to any ruler etc.

Demaron_TorresDate: Thursday, 05 June 14, 4:12 PM | Message # 8
Sergeant
Perhaps Baron Director, High King?

Demaron Torres
Senator, Lorrd
Chosen of House Volmen

High_King_TadrinDate: Thursday, 05 June 14, 4:31 PM | Message # 9
Private
"Baron Director...? Hmmmm" he said giving a deep hum and crossing his arms and giving a finger signal to a droid "It feels a little generic.. but as you wish. Just so you're aware too, while we're outside of the Republic we don't allow wanton or unwarranted provocation of them, so cargo stored, delivered or transiting in your Volmen Merchant craft must make sure their cargoes are strictly legal, as the Customs authority any contraband must be turned over to my Government for inspection and disintegration... I trust that is reasonable?

Oh.. as for the Garths, they're miners correct?"

Demaron_TorresDate: Thursday, 05 June 14, 7:45 PM | Message # 10
Sergeant
Baron Director is a title that nobody will think twice of, which is exactly what Jarred Volmen is likely to want. He's not an arrogant man, after all. As for the transport, rest assured that all care will be undertaken to consult with Republic and Cassandran laws to ensure that no issues arise.

As for House Garth, they do run extensive mining operations. They've opened two new facilities recently.

Demaron Torres
Senator, Lorrd
Chosen of House Volmen

Star Wars: Legends » News and Communications » Holonet » To Senator Torres
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz