• Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars: Legends » Archives » Out of Character » New Site and Closing
New Site and Closing
JaronDate: Thursday, 01 August 13, 11:37 AM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
It is perhaps ironic that I finally have site access again this week. It is sad, but we have seen this site be completely torn down and abandoned by most of its players due to the absence of a few. While, indeed, those few were major players, still, we should not be in that kind of position. It could be said that many seemed to have trouble getting into the site and the new setting and set-up. We had not shortage of characters, but RP itself was very limited to only a few characters and threads in a few months. While I am fully willing to accept the blame for this situation, if anyone is to be blamed, we have had a pressing issue with the site since its opening, which has come to a head. For many players, access itself was a problem. The server we are located on in uCoz's hosting has proven to be extremely unstable, with alternating issues for certain ISPs or for the US users entirely. This is not an sustainable situation, as we have all seen.

It is with a heavy heart, that I am choosing to close Legends. If Jace or anyone else want to give it a go again, I openly invite them to do so. I will keep the site up, for those who wish to look back or potentially re-launch it. However, after much discussion and personal exploration of our issues, I believe to solve our problems, a return to our roots is in order.

For those who do not know, our "RP family tree" is originated from A Galaxy Divided. AGD was set 1,000 years before Episode I (this was before the New Sith Wars were canon), and completely free form with the condition that nothing that would too irrevocably change the canon could occur. Yes, there were more rules than that, but this was the basic understanding. Anybody could be essentially anything they want. It is to these roots I am attempting to return with a new site, on a completely new host, to avoid the problems that have killed Legends. It is called Skyriver, named after only official name given for the Star Wars galaxy. It is set in 2,500 BBY, in a massive void in the canon which gives us near unlimited freedom, and is opening today. I welcome all of you to it, and hope to see you there. It is located at http://skyriver.b1.jcink.com.

Jaron Park

Star Wars: Legends » Archives » Out of Character » New Site and Closing
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz