Main My profile Sign Up Log out Login

Friday
11:05 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS LoginSign UpMain
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Star Wars: Legends » OOC (Out of Character) » OOC Forum » NOTIFICATION- Please Read
NOTIFICATION- Please Read
MikeDate: Wednesday, 28 May 14, 11:53 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Moderators
Awards: 0
Due to circumstances, we are seeking someone to play the Master of the Jedi Order.

This position is open to anyone willing to take it. By more or less mutual agreement, Jamie and I have agreed to give it 2 weeks time before we solve it ourselves. Anyone willing to play it need only say so and its theirs.

Moderator Extraordinaire
Also good at baking

Ambassador_KruusDate: Thursday, 29 May 14, 6:42 AM | Message # 2
Sergeant
Group: Users
Note. There will be a short trial period just to make sure you can keep up with one of the biggest commitments in the game.

If you pass il send you an audio book of your choice from audible. If you don't like audio books. The Universe Doesn't owe you a sense of fairness.

Luneray Kruus Jr.

Lady_PresheaDate: Thursday, 29 May 14, 5:53 PM | Message # 3
Private
Might I suggest the use of an NPC Grand Master.

Lady Catherine Preshea
Doge
Most Serene Republic of Manda

MikeDate: Thursday, 29 May 14, 6:48 PM | Message # 4
Major general
I had considered this, but it makes it problematic when the Chancellor requests actual dealings with the Master of the Order; as well, players who utilize Jedi need a source of 'missions' or an equivalent, so they don't go stagnant.

Moderator Extraordinaire
Also good at baking

Jace_VaritekDate: Thursday, 29 May 14, 10:40 PM | Message # 5
Major general
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
Given that Van Zant replaced a previous Master of the Order because of inactivity, it might be nice for IC appearances not to immediately replace Van Zant with yet someone else. I admit I'm not really up to the role of Van Zant, but perhaps someone else is willing to take him on? His motivation is pretty straightforward, and at a minimum he can always function in a non-demanding, mostly NPC capacity of giving out missions to other Jedi players and so forth. I'd rather see an established character with an interest in running the Jedi Order remain in that position, even if mostly as an NPC, rather than replacing him with a generic placeholder character. And if it turns out nobody is really interested in the job, meetings with the Chancellor and such probably wouldn't be anything more than symbolic anyway; in which case we could just accept the OOC reality of a Jedi Order without much of a presence in the RP.

Those are just my thoughts, though. I'm the cause of this problem by not really having the time to RP as Van Zant these days, so obviously I'm going to leave it up to Mike and Jamie how they want to do it. Just some food for thought, though.

Jace Varitek

Jace_VaritekDate: Thursday, 29 May 14, 10:43 PM | Message # 6
Major general
Though I am reluctant to see the same person RP as the leaders of both the Republic and the Jedi Order, if Jamie was considering his Master Kadek for the job. In my case, I made a point of waiting until Pryce was out of office (or virtually so) before I RP'd actively with Van Zant, just so I'd not control both factions at once. For one thing, it's not that fun. But for another, it'd be good for the RP to have some distance between these two factions, in my opinion.

Jace Varitek

Jace_VaritekDate: Thursday, 29 May 14, 10:44 PM | Message # 7
Major general
Also I've had a terrible headache just about all day. It sucks.

Jace Varitek

MikeDate: Saturday, 31 May 14, 0:40 AM | Message # 8
Major general
Quote Jace_Varitek ()
Given that Van Zant replaced a previous Master of the Order because of inactivity, it might be nice for IC appearances not to immediately replace Van Zant with yet someone else. I admit I'm not really up to the role of Van Zant, but perhaps someone else is willing to take him on? His motivation is pretty straightforward, and at a minimum he can always function in a non-demanding, mostly NPC capacity of giving out missions to other Jedi players and so forth. I'd rather see an established character with an interest in running the Jedi Order remain in that position, even if mostly as an NPC, rather than replacing him with a generic placeholder character. And if it turns out nobody is really interested in the job, meetings with the Chancellor and such probably wouldn't be anything more than symbolic anyway; in which case we could just accept the OOC reality of a Jedi Order without much of a presence in the RP.

I'm actually very in favor of this. I see no reason not to implement it.

Moderator Extraordinaire
Also good at baking

Ambassador_KruusDate: Tuesday, 03 June 14, 6:01 AM | Message # 9
Sergeant
I don't mind who does the job or how they play it. We just need it done. Its one of the two functional institutions we need someone running.

Luneray Kruus Jr.

High_King_TadrinDate: Tuesday, 03 June 14, 12:06 PM | Message # 10
Private
I fear the NPC suggestion may be the only rational one if we don't get a player up to the task in the post. And welcome to the RP Preshea, perhaps your mercantile interests would find a visit to the Cassandran Worlds profitable some time?

His Illustrious Majesty, High King Cassander Tadrin the Rich

Star Wars: Legends » OOC (Out of Character) » OOC Forum » NOTIFICATION- Please Read
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz