• Page 1 of 1
Star Wars: Legends » The Republic » The Senate » A Call to the Chancellor
A Call to the Chancellor
Demaron_TorresDate: Saturday, 09 August 14, 4:58 PM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Chancellor Kruus, members of the Senate,

As you may be aware, there has arisen a recent trade route disagreement between Lorrd and Argazda. While it hasn't come to blows yet, and we hope it doesn't, the Senate's touch in a sense of intervention would be appreciated; a diplomatic approach perhaps backed by the Jedi. I call to the Chancellor to assist us in delegating a proper mediator for this problem.

Demaron Torres
Senator, Lorrd
Chosen of House Volmen

Draken_TurotDate: Saturday, 09 August 14, 6:20 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Not a trade route disagreement!!! What sort of problems plague this disagreement?!!!

Senator of Lantillies

Demaron_TorresDate: Saturday, 09 August 14, 7:31 PM | Message # 3
Sergeant
You may recall, Senator Tu'Rot, the proposed trade route from Lorrd to Praadost brought up by former Senator Lekpin? Argazda wishes alterations to this, which, by itself, would not have been amiss, but certain parties on Argazda used this to force a wider issue: Argazda wants wider trade with Lorrdian trade partners and is under the impression that we are barring them from certain exports; an untruth.

What isn't an untruth, however, is that certain Lorrdian exports do push aside Argazdan exports, largely because we sell the same goods at a cheaper price. It has become a... convoluted situation.

Demaron Torres
Senator, Lorrd
Chosen of House Volmen

Jared_OnasiDate: Sunday, 10 August 14, 7:31 AM | Message # 4
Private
(( OOC Note: For some reason, my account for Dak Onasi can't seem to get in so I've decided to keep things simple by using both Dak and Jared onto this account. ))

If we are going to intervene into the Lorrd-Argazda conflict, then we should appoint a mediator that would be neutral to both Lorridians' and Argazdans' political views. Although, we could also send a small team of Senators to assist with the mediation process...provided personal agendas are completely separated from the conflict itself. 

However, should the mediation process fail, we should have a standby force waiting to initiate the containment process so that if the situation had come to armed conflict...we could keep it from extending to other planets.

~An elitist soldier of the Galactic Republic

Draken_TurotDate: Sunday, 10 August 14, 5:03 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
I am quite familiar with the proposed trade route, Senator!!! However, what disturbs me the most, is the fact that Senator Onasi here seems to think that armed conflict would arise!!! What kind of information are you basing this off of, Senator?!!! Is it in your best interest for an armed conflict to arise from this matter?!!! Because I for one, will not allow this to happen!!! If the Supreme Chancellor appoints a delegation should Senatorial debate fail, I gladly nominate myself in the interest of peace and security!!!! Armed conflict!!!! For shame, Senator Onasi!!!! And whom exactly should assemble a force, Senator?!!! Lorrd?!!! Argazda?!!!! Perhaps the Republic?!!!!

Senator of Lantillies

Demaron_TorresDate: Sunday, 10 August 14, 9:52 PM | Message # 6
Sergeant
Senator Onasi, Lorrd has not mobilized its fleet. Nor, to the best of my knowledge, has Argazda. Saber rattling is one thing; everyone does it. I don't believe an additional force would do anything but incite escalation by all parties involved, not to mention give the possibility of other worlds in the Kanz Sector reason to raise their own alert levels.

Demaron Torres
Senator, Lorrd
Chosen of House Volmen

Chancellor_KruusDate: Thursday, 04 December 14, 9:32 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
Apologies gentlemen. I was busy dealing with Galactic affairs rather than this distant Sector. I dispatched a Jedi Master to mediate months ago, the Sector is currently under quarantine for a nasty malady so I believe their heels will have cooled.

I believe in the Jedi to bring about a sensible outcome.

Chancellor Luneray Kruus

Trade Baron

Star Wars: Legends » The Republic » The Senate » A Call to the Chancellor
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz