Main My profile Sign Up Log out Login

Friday
10:46 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS LoginSign UpMain
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Coruscant_Journal, Chancellors_News  
Star Wars: Legends » News and Communications » Latest News » Kruus Control: Luneray Kruus Elected Chancellor
Kruus Control: Luneray Kruus Elected Chancellor
Coruscant_JournalDate: Tuesday, 29 April 14, 0:58 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Moderators
Awards: 0

Kruus Control: Luneray Kruus Elected Chancellor

Senate Rotunda, Coruscant — Senator Luneray Kruus of the Humbarine Sector has been elected Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic in a landslide. With 18% of the Senate abstaining, Mr. Kruus won the election to succeed Jaso Pryce (Metellos) without a single vote for his opponent, Senator Zaizhi Kongming of the Duro Sector, who conceded the race to Kruus in the final hours of voting.

"I have just accepted the almost universal Galactic Senate offer to form a new administration and government for the Galactic Republic," Kruus told the Senate in his victory speech. "I know all too well the huge responsibility that is upon me and the great trust that the many sentient beings of the Republic have placed in me."

Kruus said that his administration would be "rooted in strong values, the values of justice, progress, and community, the values that have guided me all my political life."

With 82% of the Senate supporting Kruus in the final hours of voting, Mr. Kongming acknowledged that "the election is out of reach for me."

"With that in mind, I hereby concede the election to Senator Kruus and congratulate him on becoming the next Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic." Support for Kongming evaporated when the predominately Human supporters of Roman Lekpin (Lorrd), who earlier withdrew from the race and urged his supporters to vote for Kongming, voted for Mr. Kruus instead. Without even a single vote in his favor--even Senator Terrawin (Alsakan), who nominated Kongming, voted instead for Kruus--Kongming announced that "I have been recalled to Duro and will no longer serve as its Senator."

The election brings an end to the administration of Jaso Pryce, whose final months as Chancellor were characterized by scandal. Kruus, in his victory speech, praised his successor. "Jaso Pryce's dignity and courage over the last few days, and the manner of his leaving, is the mark of the man," Kruus said, "I am pleased to pay tribute to him."

The final vote for Kruus came from Pryce himself, who endorsed the Neimoidian senator and strongly criticized his opponent, Mr. Kongming. "[Kongming] has good intentions. But Senator Kruus has good intentions and good sense," Mr. Pryce remarked, "He understands the importance of the private sector in the post-Ruusan era, having served on the Directorate of the Trade Federation early in his career. He is the long-serving Minister of Economics whose advice I depended on as Chancellor to implement my... stimulus program."

Mr. Kongming, Pryce said, was "a pro-union, big government, tax-and-spend-and-spend militarist who is hostile to private enterprise and has no economic qualifications whatsoever."

One hundred and eighty delegations abstained, voting neither for Kruus nor Kongming. Many were members of a Humanocentric voting bloc led by Senator Hayes (Taris) and Senator Stubbs (Riaoballo Sector), who demanded a Human candidate for Chancellor but were unable to agree upon one.

Other absentions included Senator Stomwell (Baltimn), who announced his retirement from the Senate. "I am saddened to see what our great hall has come to when... Lomen Ryuun, Luneray Kruus, Prentiss Cynum, and the rest of the Trade Federation and Techno Union bloc can wield such power and influence to the detriment of others," Stomwell said. Senator Ryuun (Druckenwell) and Representative Cynum (Trade Federation) voted for Mr. Kruus, who is a former member of the Trade Federation Directorate.

Another notable abstention was Mr. Kongming himself, who explained that "it is self-serving to vote for oneself... therefore I will not be voting in the election." Kongming received the fewest votes of any candidate for Chancellor in modern memory, while Mr. Kruus received the most in what is already seen as an historic victory.

Star Wars: Legends » News and Communications » Latest News » Kruus Control: Luneray Kruus Elected Chancellor
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz