Main My profile Sign Up Log out Login

Friday
10:28 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS LoginSign UpMain
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Coruscant_Journal, Chancellors_News  
Star Wars: Legends » News and Communications » Latest News » Strong Support for Kruus in First Day of Voting
Strong Support for Kruus in First Day of Voting
Coruscant_JournalDate: Friday, 25 April 14, 4:48 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Moderators
Awards: 0

Strong Support for Kruus in First Day of Voting

Senate Rotunda, Coruscant — The first day of voting for Supreme Chancellor has seen an unexpectedly strong show of support for Luneray Kruus, the Senator from the Humbarine Sector receiving many votes previously considered to be for his opponent, Zaizhi Kongming (Duro Sector), who today recused himself from voting.

"It is my belief that it is self-serving to vote for oneself," Mr. Kongming announced, "Therefore I will not be voting in the election."

It was one of several surprises on the first of three days of voting for who will replace Jaso Pryce (Metellos) as Supreme Chancellor. Senator Terrawin (Alsakan), who originally nominated Mr. Kongming for Chancellor, voted for his opponent, Mr. Kruus, instead. During the campaign, Terrawin had public disagreements with Kongming over the re-instatement of the Republic Army and the support for Kongming's candidacy of Roman Lekpin, the Senator of Lorrd who withdrew from the race amid allegations of hypocrisy.

"While both Kruus and Kongming are good beings, goodness is not the sole virtue needed here," Mr. Terrawin told the Senate, "Only one being has made the detailed policy commitments, rather than vague promises or statements of intent, and that's Senator Luneray Kruus."

Mr. Kruus also received the support of Senator Ciaran (Chandrila) and Senator Onasi (Telos IV), both of whom were previously considered supporters of Mr. Lekpin. "I have decided to drop out of the running and support Senator Kongming," Lekpin announced to the Senate yesterday, "I urge all of my supporters to do the same." The support of Chandrila and Telos IV for Mr. Kruus instead deprives Kongming of much-needed support among moderate Human senators.

Human supporters of Mr. Lekpin previously inclined to vote for Kongming may now be more likely to support Mr. Kruus instead.

Meanwhile, in a predicted outcome, Mr. Kruus carried the support of Trade Federation worlds such as Druckenwell, and the "Diversity" bloc of non-Human senators, led by Senator Finbar (Mon Calamari Space), who had nominated Kruus for Chancellor. "I would also like to take a moment to note the historic nature of this election; for the first time, both of the major candidates for Chancellor are non-Human," Mr. Finbar said, referring to Kruus, a Neimoidian, and Kongming, a Duros. "I see this as a great accomplishment for this Republic."

While more than half of the Senate, including Mr. Lekpin, has yet to vote, Kruus is seen as being off to an unexpectedly good start. Stay with The Coruscant Journal's Election Year 908 "Year of Decision" coverage, as we bring you all of the votes as they come in.

Star Wars: Legends » News and Communications » Latest News » Strong Support for Kruus in First Day of Voting
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz