Main My profile Sign Up Log out Login

Friday
9:18 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS LoginSign UpMain
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Coruscant_Journal, Chancellors_News  
Star Wars: Legends » News and Communications » Latest News » Former Jedi Drasek Cale Moves to Mandalore
Former Jedi Drasek Cale Moves to Mandalore
Coruscant_JournalDate: Saturday, 15 March 14, 10:17 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Moderators
Awards: 0

Former Jedi Drasek Cale Moves to Mandalore

Sundari, Mandalore — In a press conference in the New Mandalorian capital city of Sundari, Drasek Cale, former Jedi and Duke of the planet Baltimn, has announced he is moving to Mandalore, a neutral planet beyond Republic space, in what is seen as a rejection of the Jedi Order and the Republic he once served.

"Mandalorians have received a terrible name over the years," Cale said in remarks to reporters, "What people do not see is that Mandalorians have always been honorable... They honor their people, where they come from, and their own history— [something]the Republic has forgotten."

"I go to Mandalore to become a new man; a Mandalorian, if those [here]will have me," he said.

Artemis Vanden, the Mand'alor (or 'leader') of the Mandalorian people who was also at the press conference, referred to Mr. Cale as "a man of principle," and declared that the former Jedi would be granted New Mandalorian citizenship. "[Mr. Cale] resigned in protest from an order that he could no longer serve in good conscience—an Order with a bloody past on this world," Vanden said, referring to the Jedi-led subjugation of Mandalore (known as the 'Mandalorian Excision') over 600 years ago. "I believe Drasek Cale feels the pain of the Mandalorian people."

Asked during the press conference why he left the Jedi Order, Cale remarked that "I could not reconcile myself to the differences between my beliefs and the Jedi Order."

"There was an ancient time when being a Jedi was not just about light or dark, but about remaining in balance with... the Force," he elaborated. "Jedi are forbidden attachment, are forbidden to love. Yet love and compassion should be the driving force of the Jedi." Cale added that the Jedi Order "will not raise a hand to ease the suffering of those which they could help. And so I departed."

Cale is one of only a handful of Jedi ever to resign from the Order in its 25,000 year history. It is unclear whether or not the Order has accepted his resignation. Observers note that moving to Mandalore, a neutral planet, places Cale beyond the reach of Republic law and the Jedi Order—Mandalore has no extradition treaty with the Republic. The Jedi Temple on Coruscant declined to comment on the story.

Star Wars: Legends » News and Communications » Latest News » Former Jedi Drasek Cale Moves to Mandalore
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz