Main My profile Sign Up Log out Login

Friday
9:37 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS LoginSign UpMain
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Coruscant_Journal, Chancellors_News  
Star Wars: Legends » News and Communications » Latest News » Senators Break Ranks with Trade Federation
Senators Break Ranks with Trade Federation
Chancellors_NewsDate: Sunday, 10 November 13, 7:08 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Moderators
Awards: 0

Senators Break Ranks with Trade Federation

Senate Rotunda, Coruscant — In a dramatic turn of events on the Senate floor, the Trade Federation voting bloc has fractured over a controversial proposal by Senator Cynum (Trade Federation), with as much as half of the bloc, including Supreme Chancellor Pryce (Metellos), opposing the measure that Pryce referred to as "despotic" and "contemptuous of the principles of this Republic."

The deceptively-titled "Security of Trade Federation Worlds Act" would give the Federation power to "remove any official on any Trade Federation world from office," "replace the government, judiciary or legislature on any Trade Federation world," and "require a Trade Federation world to amend any law that may be in force, or immediately enact laws into force," defining a "Trade Federation world" as a Republic planet "acknowledged as being under the auspices of the Trade Federation"; that is, planets such as Druckenwell which pay the Trade Federation for its shipping services.

"There are several points that my cabinet will not accept and that I, as a Senator and leader of my people, cannot accept," said Druckenwell's senator, Lomen Ryuun, joining Chancellor Pryce in opposition to the bill. "Republic worlds have rights that aren't for sale in this Senate," Pryce remarked.

Senator Cynum's bill would also give the Trade Federation control over how planets use their military forces and spend their money, would mandate Basic as the official language, and exempt the Trade Federation from Republic environmental regulations. "I have consistently supported the Trade Federation voting bloc, but this is simply too much," the Chancellor said of the bill.

Star Wars: Legends » News and Communications » Latest News » Senators Break Ranks with Trade Federation
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz