Main My profile Sign Up Log out Login

Friday
10:20 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS LoginSign UpMain
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Coruscant_Journal, Chancellors_News  
Star Wars: Legends » News and Communications » Latest News » Travel Advisory for Ando System
Travel Advisory for Ando System
Chancellors_NewsDate: Wednesday, 25 September 13, 0:30 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Moderators
Awards: 0

Travel Advisory for Ando System

Coruscant — At the direction of the honorable Supreme Chancellor Pryce, the Ministry of State today issued a travel warning for the Ando system in response to the death of Jedi Master Izvolska Nataya, who was killed by as-yet-unknown assailants while attempting to broker a peaceful solution to a dispute between the planet Ando and its colony worlds, the self-styled Andoan Free Colonies.

Travel warnings urge travelers to avoid certain planets or systems of planets considered dangerous, where the Republic may not be able to assist travelers who are in distress due to dangerous conditions. Tensions escalated in the Ando system last month when customs officers on the nearby planet of Medepiest intercepted a large shipment of highly-illegal Tenloss disruptor rifles destined for the Andoan Free Colonies, whose Aqualish inhabitants are seeking independence from the Aqualish homeworld of Ando.

The Jedi Order dispatched Master Nataya to negotiate a diplomatic solution to the dispute in the historically war-torn Ando system, where her starfighter was ambushed by at least one vessel, and possibly more. Both the planet Ando and the Andoan Free Colonies have denied responsibility. "I will find out who did this," Chancellor Pryce told the Senate today, announcing an investigation into Master Nataya's death and calling the incident "unfortunate and unnecessary." The Chancellor also asked the Jedi not to interfere in the Ando dispute.

"I appreciate what the Jedi tried to do," the Chancellor said, "but I did not ask for it. In fact, I asked the Jedi not to involve themselves in what was, and is, a political dispute between Ando and its colony worlds." Chancellor Pryce has pursued a policy of non-intervention in the Ando dispute. "My goal isn't to solve everyone's problems," he explained, "but to help them solve their own problems without war."

Pryce defended this policy from attacks by noted anti-Human Senator Finbar of the planet Mon Calamari. "The Aqualish don't need Humans such as myself or Master Nataya solving their problems for them," the Chancellor said.

Star Wars: Legends » News and Communications » Latest News » Travel Advisory for Ando System
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz